Quickbooks Error 6177 Setup
Fixed QuickBooks Error -6177, 0
We have been using QuickBooks for years now and errors are may occur majorly due to environment failure. There are specific error codes Quickbooks errors 6177,0 defined for each error which indicates the exact cause of the failure. If you are in such error situation all you required to do is keep your patience, follow the steps provided below or call QuickBooks Error Support and get guaranteed instant help on the error from dedicated QuickBooks Pro-advisors.
What does QuickBooks Errors 6177, 0 means?
The QuickBooks Error -6177 means the path of the QuickBooks company file location is either not accessible or the permission to the company file location is not granted in the network. This error appears when you try to open the company file on the network with the following message:
QuickBooks is attempting to open this Company file. Before you can open the company file from your computer you must first open the company file on the computer where the company file is located. (-6177, 0)
The first step towards the resolution to the QuickBooks error -6177 is to ensure that your QuickBooks Desktop is up to date with recent version of updates. Follow the steps below
QuickBooks Desktop Update:
- Go to top File menu, Click on Close Company/Logoff.
- Go back to the File menu, then click Exit.
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon on your desktop, then Click on Run as administrator.
- Click Yes to User access controls screen and provide admin user name and password if required.
- On the Company file selection screen, go to the Help menu then Select Update QuickBooks
- Click on to the Options tab, then choose Mark All. Click Save.
- Click on the Update Now tab, then check the Reset Update box.
- Click on Get Updates button.
- After Update Completes, Go to File and exit QuickBooks Desktop.
- Re-open QuickBooks Desktop. You will get the message to install update, Click Yes.
- After the installation is completed, restart your computer.
- Quickbooks errors 6177
Solution 1: Move the file to the local Computer
- Move the file from the server location to the local Computer desktop.
- Open the file in QuickBooks from the desktop.
- Create a portable file and save it to the desktop.
- Close the company file.
- Restore the portable file from the desktop and save it to the server location.
- Close the company file.
- Open the company file from the server location.
Quickbooks errors 6177
Solution 2: Manually fix -Quickbooks errors 6177, 0
Perform the following steps if you prefer a manual solution.
Go to the server computer that stores company file and close QuickBooks Desktop. Delete the Network Descriptor (*.ND) file:
- Go to the company file location and find the file with an .ND file extension; it looks something like Company_File_Name.QBW.ND.
- Right click the .ND file and click Delete.
Re-Configure the QuickBooks Database Manager:
- Click the Windows Start button and choose Programs -> QuickBooks -> QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Or in Windows 8/10, on your keyboard, press Windows key and enter QuickBooks Database Manager in search, and then click QuickBooks Database Manager.
- Click the Add Folder.
- Locate the folder with the QuickBooks company file and click OK.
- Click the Scan button. The company files found list shows all the company files QuickBooks Database Server Manager is hosting.
- As the scan completes, click Close.
- Check for the company file access permissions from Windows.
- Go to Setup folder permissions to share company files page to verify permissions are set up correctly.
Go to Client computer and open QuickBooks, open the desired file and check if the issue still persists, dial QuickBooks Error support and directly get connected to QuickBooks certified Pro-advisor. Our dedicated support pro-advisors are highly experienced to resolve all the errors on QuickBooks.
We are also provided customer service for quicken to more information visit our website